Single Tank Well Water Filtration System
- Up to 12ppm Iron
- Up to 7ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
- Up to 4ppm Manganese
- Air intake to oxidize the water causing pollutants to precipitate
- Operates within a wide pH range
- Vortex tank utilizes 30-40% less water to backwash
O2Hydro Single Tank System: The system utilizes a unique oxidation process for removal of extremely elevated levels of iron, hydrogen sulfide, manganese and other pollutants from the well water coming into the home.
Innovative process of the O2 Hydro:
- Air intake – air is introduced to oxidize the water. This enables many pollutants to precipitate out of the water making it easier to filter them out
- Filtration media – Incorporates proprietary depth filtration media package which goes down to 2 microns. Will remove high levels of iron, hydrogen sulfide, manganese and other common contaminants. Media is lighter than competitors so it requires less water to backwash (only needs 5gpm). Lighter media enables better cleaning which maintains filtration effectiveness compared to other systems. During backwashing media automatically resettles in proper configuration.
- 20” post filter – Removes Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell), chemicals, THMs, VOCs, odors, and improves taste
Patented O2Hydro Single Tank Design:
Mass Transfer Tube: Aeration is the process of mixing air into water, causing dissolved materials such as iron and manganese to oxidize so that they can be readily filtered. The O₂Hydro incorporates a patented Mass Transfer Tube activated by a flow switch which allows the system to oxidize in real time, so that the aeration process occurs when water is in demand.
In other systems the aeration process is only activated when the well pump is running, which may not necessarily cycle on when water is flowing to the home, and as a result not all the water is aerated. The mass transfer tube injects air directly into the water and agitates it, creating countless, micro air bubbles. These micro air bubbles provide increased surface contact area, resulting in more rapid and thorough oxidation.
Filtration Tank Housing Depth Filtration Media: The water enters the filtration tank which incorporates a proprietary depth filtration media package. The O₂Hydro utilizes 4 different media with different filtering properties that are layered in a unique manner. The proprietary blend of media used in the O₂Hydro will remove high levels of iron, manganese, sediment, and other contaminants to extremely low levels, providing clean, fresh water. An additional benefit is that during the backwashing cycle the O₂Hydro media package will automatically resettle in the same configuration, maintaining the integrity of the filtration process.
Optional Post Filter: After the media tank there is a 5 micron post filter for further filtration. Alternatively, the post filter can house specific media to address additional concerns and provides the capability to chlorine shock the plumbing system.
The O2Hydro Single Tank system provides well water purification to the whole home, removing iron, eliminating odors, and filtering sediment and other dangerous or corrosive minerals and chemicals. These are some of the leading causes of issues in a home with well water, including foul odors and tastes, corrosion or staining.
Sentence before bullet points – O2 Hydro System features include:
- Air intake for Superior Filtration
- Removal of up to 12 ppm Iron
- Removal of up to 7 ppm Hydrogen Sulfide
- Operates within a wide pH range
- No Salt or Chemicals
- Unique vortex tank utilizes 30-40% less water to backwash and clean media.
- Valves won’t clog minimizing servicing issues
- Only requires 5gpm for backwashing
- No Electrician Needed
- All Components Included for Easy Installation
|Specifications||O₂Hydro Single Tank|
|Max Iron (ppm)||12|
|Max Hydrogen Sulfide (ppm)||7|
|Max Manganese (ppm)||4|
|Operates in pH Range||6.0 – 8.5*|
|Effective Flow Rate (gpm)||10|
* In the presence of gases, the effective pH range of operations is 6.0 – 8.5.
O₂Hydro Single Tank System
Tank dimensions are 10″ x 54″
The completely assembled O2 Hydro system is 10″w x 16″d x 62″h
Components Include one tank, a mass transfer tube, control valve, and bypass.
O₂Hydro Single Tank Installation Manual
Yellow ice cubes, sulfur smelling, metal tasting water–GONE! Installation was a little trickier than expected but well worth the time and effort.
Staff worked to get product to me. I live in a remote area and the crew went the extra mile to help me out. Filters work as promised.
Easy to set up, took 3.5 hr to do, best water ever!
We have had the system hooked up for less then a week at this time. I can feel the difference in my hair. The odor seems to have vanished. You can actually feel a difference.
My water tested at 15.7 ppm of iron and 57 ppm of sulfur. We had a dual tank green sand filter system that used potassium permanganate. We still had significant staining and a bad “rotten egg” smell. I changed it to the HydroCare O2 Hydro Deluxe system and immediately the discoloration and smell were gone. I installed the system myself, which took longer than I expected due to having to study the installation process and the parts list. It would be a very easy installation for an experienced installer. My only regret is that I didn’t discover this product sooner.